We are very happy when we get an instant connection with a new affiliate, and when that affiliate becomes very easily our top performing one. That thing happened between the OMG Affiliates and FTD Digital, a perfect fit that yielded excellent results.
As part of our continuous series of virtual sit-downs, Jelena has the pleasure of sitting down with Sue Dawson, FTD Digital’s Head of Content & Editor. FTD Digital is an award-winning affiliate, having been crowned as Bingo Affiliate of the Year at the EGR Operator Awards ‘21, and we’re thrilled that we got to share the stage with them at this year’s iGB Affiliate Awards ‘22.
- What do you think makes OMG better than the competition?
We constantly do a thorough analysis of our partners’ requirements, and we strive to be a partner they can trust and rely on. Because we have a personal connection with them, we are committed to going above and beyond to offer them the finest affiliate experience possible. Our objective is to establish customized bonus offers, deals and incentives in order to create an elevated value for mutual growth.
- We recently met in person at iGB London. What preparation did you do for the conference and how important do you think being able to meet in person is for your relationships with affiliates like us?
Before each of the meetings we have at the conferences, we thoroughly analyze each of the affiliates’ past performance as well as the overall traffic, so that we can swiftly come up with the best solution and have productive meetings.
In my opinion, meeting someone in person is crucial since it adds a human touch to the relationship and allows us to ultimately shake hands after closing a deal.
- Congratulations on winning the Rising Star award at the iGB Affiliate awards. How did it make you feel?
Proud and very happy. It’s a celebration of our passion and above and beyond commitment as a team, as well as a great motivation for future improvement.
- Apart from going to industry conferences, what is your approach to finding the right affiliates to work with?
We are looking for the right affiliates by doing extensive and quality research, participating in practically all affiliate groups and forums, and of course, word of mouth during all the networking plays a very big part of it.
- What is the thing that affiliates do that annoys you the most? (I hope it’s not something we do!)
Unresponsiveness. In my opinion, we should all be able to respond once we are contacted, no matter the outcome. You, on the other hand, are the perfect example of how an affiliate should be, as responsive and open to new ideas as possible.
- And what is the thing that affiliates do that impresses you the most?
Collaboration at its highest level. We prefer for all affiliates to be as open, accessible, and cooperative as possible so that we can quickly figure out how to obtain the best outcomes for both parties.
7. We have done very well with a custom welcome offer you created on one of your brands to suit the traffic on one of our landing pages. What convinced you to try that?
We knew we had to try something different for your players, and we checked out all sections of your sites. Offering something other than a standard bonus offer is something we are willing to be recognized for.
- How do you plan to build on the successes of the past year? Do you have any plans to expand into other geos?
We are already headed towards entering new markets and obtaining additional licenses, and at the same time we are focused on balancing the challenges of the markets we are currently present at. All of the things that we managed to accomplish during the past year, are another proof that we are growing following the right path аnd that we offer an immersive experience for our affiliate partners.